After your new tattoo, wait 2-3 hours after your tattoo is completed before removing bandage .
- First, wash your hands with unscented soap and water before touching your new tattoo. Make sure you do a good job of it and wash between your fingers and clean under your fingernails.as you wash your hands.
- Next, remove your bandage with soap and water, using only your hands and fingers. Once you have removed the bandage, wash your tattoo gently with soap and water. Do not use a sponge or a rag to wash your tattoo, use your hands and wash it gently and softly.
- Pat your tattoo dry with a paper towel. Do not use any old towel that is laying around, make sure to use a paper towel to keep infection out of your tattoo. Towels or cloth will leave lint on your tattoo, so use clean paper to dry your tattoo, even if you have to use clean toilet paper!
- Let your tattoo "air dry" for 15 minutes. Don't touch it. Just let it get some oxygen.
- Apply a thin layer of tattoo goo or a&d ointment to your tattoo. Ointment will relieve discomfort and reduce inflammation , redness and it helps set colors to reduce plasma oozing. Using the ointment on tattoo will help keep artwork moist and reduces or eliminates the flaking and/or scabbing that often occurs.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times daily until your tattoo has healed.
- Once the bandage is off, do not re-bandage the tattoo.
- NO direct sunlight on the tattoo for the first 2-3 weeks.
- DO NOT pick or scratch at your new tattoo while it is healing.
- NO shaving or waxing tattoo area until the tattoo is completely healed.
- DO NOT apply alcohol, Vaseline petroleum jelly or sun block to your fresh tattoo.
- DO NOT listen to friends or so-called tattoo experts. You may get misleading and conflicting information.
- Once you have left the tattoo parlor, the tattoo is your responsibility.
- Small amounts of color may appear on your clothing or sheets for the first few days.
- If your tattoo peels, color will appear in pieces of dry skin.
- If the tattoo is in an area where it can be exposed to the open air, allow it to breathe. Allowing it to breathe will help the healing. Your body and oxygen are going to heal the tattoo.
- If possible, wear loose fitting clothing over the tattoo and be careful not to suffocate tattoo with socks or pantyhose.
If your tattoo starts to peel after 3-6 days and you see color in the dried skin that comes off, don't worry, this is just the top layer of dead skin coming off. The ink is still in your skin and your tattoo is NOT disappearing. Using A&D will reduce the amount of peeling that occurs naturally as your tattoo heals.
Don't allow your piercing to come in contact with cosmetics,lotions, perfumes, hairspray, unwashed hands, other bodily fluids, or rough play during healing.
Swimming, spas, and hot tubs are not advised during healing.
Your pillowcases and bed sheets should be clean.
Prepare the area for the cleansing by rinsing or soaking with warm water, and be sure to remove any crust using a cotton swab and warm water.
The piecing should be cleaned twice daily during healing.
Apply a small handful of antibacterial soap such as;
liquid Dial Antibacterial,
A well-balanced diet, a multivitamin supplement containing zinc and vitamin C.
Absolutely no lotioins or antibiotic ointment.
1. Rinse mouth for 30-60 seconds with one of the following mouthwashes: Biotene, Tech2000, or Rembrandt. Do not use more than 10 times a day and use it over intervals.
2. Avoid oral contact, chewing on gum, tobacco, and fingernails, etc. during healing.
3. Reduce smoking during initial healing.
4. Refrain from eating spicy, salty, acidic, or hot temperature foods and beverages as well as alcohol for the first few days.
5. To keep swelling to minimum, sleep with head elevated for the first few days. During this time take Advil or Motrin according to instructions on package.
6. Try to eat food in small bites and place on molars with clean hand or fork during initial healing.
7. Once daily rinse for about 10-15 seconds with a mild sea salt water solution containing 1/4 teaspoon of iodine-free sea salt and an 8oz cup of warm bottled or distilled water.
1. Follow the body and facial piercing section.
2. You should drink a full glass of water before cleaning piercing in or around the urethra. After rinsing the piercing thoroughly, you should urinate to remove the remaining soap from the urethra.
3. A new or unhealed piercing does not prevent sexual activity. Use Of condoms (without nonocxynol 9 ) and dental dams are highly Suggested. Pleasure Plus condoms have extra room for jewelry.
4. If piercing feels sore you need to ease up or stop for the time Being.
Note: We do carry Tattoo Goo Mini at the store for sale. 9.3 grams Tattoo Goo 10.00
416 Rahway Ave. Elizabeth N.J 07202
Recomended aftercare products for your piercing:
Recomended aftercare products for your tattoo: